The Sunshine Coast Purple Banner Tour is presented by Coast Cultural Alliance, a non-profit arts, culture & heritage society. You can contact them at www.suncoastarts.com
This interactive map was created by Gary Little, a real estate agent with Royal LePage Sunshine Coast in Sechelt, BC. You can contact him at 604-741-5347
. Also try his interactive map of real estate for sale at imap.garylittle.ca
To add the map as a web clip to the Home screen on an Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad), tap
(depending on the iOS version) in the browser toolbar, then tap Add to Home Screen
. On the next screen that appears, edit the web clip name (if desired) then tap Add
to add the icon for the map to your Home screen. Doing this allows you to run the map simply by tapping its icon on the Home screen. When run like this, browser toolbars no longer appear so the map will occupy more of the screen.
- Zooming. Use the + and - controls in the top left corner of the map to zoom the map in and out. You can also zoom in by double-clicking a point on the map not covered by a marker; this also causes the map to pan so that the point where you double-click is centered on the screen. If you are using an iOS or Android device, you can also zoom in and out using standard pinching gestures.
- Centering. Centre the map around a point by double-clicking the desired point (this also zooms the map in by one level). You must do this at a point on the map not covered by a marker.
- Panning. View neighbouring areas by dragging the map. You must start the drag in an area of the map not covered by a marker.
To keep the map centered around your actual location as you move around, click the location control (an arrow in a blue box) below the map. Your location is indicated by a blue dot at the centre of a blue circle. The size of the circle reflects the precision of the determined location. If you click the location control again, or if you drag the map, the position of the blue dot continues to be updated but the map no longer automatically pans to keep the dot at the centre.
- Changing Map Type. Select a standard road map view, a satellite view, a hybrid view (satellite and road map view combined), or a terrain view by using the pop-up menu in the top right corner of the map.
- Quick Summary. To quickly see basic information about a studio identified by a marker, click the studio's marker on the map and the information will appear in a yellow summary box below the marker. To hide the box, click the close box in the top right corner of the summary box or click in any area of the map not covered by a marker.
- Studio Detail. To see detailed information about a studio, click the Show Detail button (or the picture) in the studio's summary box. The information that appears replaces the map on the screen; click the Map button at the top of the page, or the Map It button in the body of the studio description, to show the map once again.
- Studio List. To view a list of the studios shown on the map, click the List button above the map. Click the Map button at the top of the list page to show the map once again. Click the address of a studio in the list to display detailed information about the studio.